[tex-live] Sources for cygwin1.dll etc.?

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 12 00:17:55 CEST 2009

2009/10/11 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:
>  Master/tlpkg/texworks/libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
>
> Hadn't noticed that one.  Jonathan?  Is it just part of gcc?  I don't
> recall seeing the "dw2-1" ever before.

Quote from http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=691876:

- Dynamic linking with libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

Dynamic linking with libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is necessary to throw
exceptions between different modules, such as between two DLLs or a
DLL and an EXE.  Consequently, it is the default for all languages
other than C.  To disable this dynamic linking, use -static-libgcc.
To enable this dynamic linking in C, use -shared-libgcc.

Cheers,

Tomek