[tex-live] Sources for cygwin1.dll etc.?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 11 23:25:31 CEST 2009

    There are some general purpose libraries like cygwin1.dll in the
    repository. What about their sources?

I believe all of them are GPLv2-or-later, with the exception of poppler,
for which I committed the source a few days ago.  Therefore I am taking
advantage of the clause in GPLv3 which allows specifying network
locations instead of including all the actual sources for all those
massive libraries.  The files are Master/source/*.README.

  Master/tlpkg/texworks/libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

Hadn't noticed that one.  Jonathan?  Is it just part of gcc?  I don't
recall seeing the "dw2-1" ever before.

  Master/bin/win32/msvcp71.dll
  Master/bin/win32/msvcr71.dll

I hate those libraries.  But anyway, my recollection is that when I
researched it before, these particular versions are ok.  Anyway, other
people can feel free to delete them.  I'm not going to right now.

karl