[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Alexander Cherepanov cherepan at mccme.ru
Sat Oct 10 23:38:50 CEST 2009

Hi Manuel!
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:40:42 +0200, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:

>> Yes, but in this thread we are talking about using this cygwin
>> rsync (the only available?) in regular Windows XP, Vista, etc., not
>> about using rsync in cygwin itself. I think that it caused most
>> missunderstanding...

> Yes, most of the time we were talking about that. But Alexander's message seemed
> to be about "true" cygwin rsync.

Yes, I tried on a machine with installed cygwin 1.5. But it was not
customized so there should be no difference with a standalone cygwin
binary AIUI.

BTW rsync.exe and cygwin1.dll in
http://aboutmyip.com/files/DeltaCopyRaw.zip are identical (including
timestamps, up to timezone) to last official cygwin1.5 binaries.

> That's why I suggested it should be reported.

Seems nobody else have this porblem, so I will investigate it later.

> Anyway, this doesn't concern TL any more...

Yep, happy end:-)

Alexander Cherepanov