[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 9 13:27:49 CEST 2009

2009/10/9 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr>:
> If we can identify a reliable method for getting a local mirror on
> windows (I tend to think a simple ftp client would do for a on-time
> mirror, ie without synchronization) and document it somewhere, I think
> that would be good.

I regularly use wget for that purpose. I have a batch that updates my
local repository. My script is a bit involved because I only pull a
subset of tlnet that I have installed but mirroring the whole thing
could be done with single line incantation:

wget -m -nH -np --retr-symlinks --cut-dirs=1 -R "index.html*,mactex-*"
ftp://host-address/texlive/tlnet

Cheers,

Tomek