[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Oct 9 13:01:18 CEST 2009

Philip TAYLOR a écrit :
> Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
>
>> By the way, Phil, could you actually try this method (choosing
>> scheme-minimal if you want to avoid hours of download for testing)?
>> Just to confirm that the problem on your machine is actually related
>> to rsync, and not to something in your system?
>
> By all means, Manuel.  At the moment I am just re-doing the
> Rsync -avz method, with an empty mirror, to see if that
> improves matters; once that is complete, I will try a
> minimal network install.

For the sake of symetry, I tried rsync from the DeltaCopy package by
Synametrics on my windows box (XP SP3) with

C:\tlnet>"c:\Program Files\Synametrics Technologies\DeltaCopy\rsync.exe"
-avz --delete --exclude=2008 --exclude=mactex*
rsync://guiling.fr/texlive/  .

I got the same error:

C:\tlnet>install-tl.bat
PATH=C:\tlnet\tlpkg\tlperl\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
Accès refusé.

(Last line is "access denied".)

I've got no clue as to what is going wrong, since I know nothing about
windows permissions, but this confirms that mirroring using this version
of rsync only leads to problems. I think we should document that.

If we can identify a reliable method for getting a local mirror on
windows (I tend to think a simple ftp client would do for a on-time
mirror, ie without synchronization) and document it somewhere, I think
that would be good.

Manuel.