[tex-live] [XeTeX] fontmap warnings (on TexLive 2009)

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 06:53:52 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 10:04:47AM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
>> P.S.
>>
>> $kpsewhich pdftex.map
>> /cygdrive/d/woody/.texlive2009/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
>>
>> $ kpsewhich updmap.cfg
>> /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
>>
>> Enclosed are the pdftex.map and updmap.cfg copy from the same location as above.
>>
> I'm not sure that this is related with your problem but I save your
> pdftex.map file on my Linux machine and do
> $ cat pdftex.map
> !<symlink>ÿþp d f t e x _ d l 1 4 . m a p
>
> What is this?

I am sorry, the pdftex.map is actually a symbol that links to
pdftex_dl14.map. And, now I removed the ~/.texlive2009 directory to
reduce confusing. So, again, the xelatex log file as well as the
pdftex_dl14.map file are attached.

> Some time ago I played with cygwin and found that they use symbolic
> links as files with such content. I thought that cygwin layer reads such
> files before pass them to a program. May be xdvipdfmx read them as is?
>
> Try run pdflatex on your example (comment line with fontspec before that).

after converted the sample file to ascii and run pdflatex on it, this
time I did not see the old warnings but got many many other warnings
(see the attached mini-sample-2.log)

> P.S. Why do you use cygwin version of TL2009? Does native TL2009 for win32
> not fit your requests?
>
> ---
> WBW, Vladimir Lomov
>

> --
> Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next
> week, next month and next year.  And to have the ability afterwards to
> explain why it didn't happen.
>                -- Winston Churchill

    -- Schopenhauer

narke