[tex-live] TeXLive2009: Issue with bibtex+babelbib

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Fri Oct 9 01:38:42 CEST 2009

On 10/08/09 16:20, "Will Robertson" <wspr81 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wondered about this recently when some DOIs were removed from a bib
> file because of this (no big deal, just playing around).

They should have just been moved to bdsk-url-n fields (n is an integer > 0),
not removed.  I think there's an option to leave them in place, as well, but
it's been a long time since I looked at that.

http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/manual/BibDesk%20Help_51.html

> I like to always include an URL or a DOI into a citation if possible;
> it would seem strange to me not to want to (barring extreme reasons of
> space, which become less relevant year after year).

Due to importing RIS files, many of us have a bunch of dead and/or really
ugly links that were mapped to the URL field.  In my opinion, something like
this:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6VCX-4HHWW6B-1/2/678838a54f31b
1356886e8a701274ca4

...looks awful in a reference list, especially if the style blindly includes
a URL, regardless of publication type.

> Sorry to go off-topic :-)

Likewise.  Feel free to use the bibdesk-users at sourceforge mailing list for
further discussion.