[tex-live] TeX Live 2009 and FreeBSD

Scott D Friedemann scott at friedemann.us
Thu Oct 8 20:25:13 CEST 2009

Karl Berry wrote:
> TL still compiles fine under FreeBSD as far as I know, but no volunteers
> have come forward to compile on the current stable FreeBSD release.
>
> I hope that whoever is responsible for TeX on FreeBSD will at least
> provide binaries through the FreeBSD distribution, however that works.

Thanks for the reply.  FreeBSD is still wrangling as to how to include
TL, so it's not currently available through the normal channels.  It
appears I'm a little late in the process to get a binary included on the
DVD for 2009.  I'll try to pay attention to get it included on the next
TL release, unless FBSD includes it in the Ports system by then.

Scott