[tex-live] Landscape bug in LaTeX Beamer class from TeXLive 2008

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Oct 6 15:45:37 CEST 2009

John Murdie a écrit :
> ii) A search finds my last E-mail to texlive-users on the
> Beamer-specific matter:
>
> "[tex-live] Landscape bug in LaTeX Beamer class from TeXLive 2008" -
> http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2009-March/020599.html
>
> in which I thanked Lars Madsen for pointing out the solution to my
> problem when using latex to produce DVI for Beamer slides; because
> Beamer sets things in landscape by default, one has to command "dvips -t
> unknown" and not "dvips -t landscape" or else the output will be
> landscaped twice, with ugly effect. (This problem was raised by a user
> here who, alas, still requires or prefers to use latex/dvips rather than
> pdflatex.)

Karl made some changes to config.ps a few days ago so that it should no more be
necessary to use -t unknown. I think his question was: could you confirm that it
works now (I mean, with up-to-date tl09 pretest) even without -t unknow for you?

(IIRC, the problem arose even with the simplest beamer document:

\documentclass{beamer}
\begin{document}
\frame{Foo bar.}
\end{document}

Now it works for me, thanks to Karl's changes.)

Manuel.