[tex-live] acrotex files

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 4 00:36:41 CEST 2009

    sorry, but _all_ files in that directory have the LPPL.
    _that_ should be the argument.

Herbert, sorry, I don't agree.  It's the same as TFM files for a nonfree
font.

For those who don't agree with this cutoff (and I know there are many
such people), you are free to make your own TL derivative including
acrotex and anything else you want.

Or if there is a consensus among TL "stakeholders", whomever they might
be, against the philosophy (which I doubt), I will gladly leave the
project to others and work on a different free TeX distribution project.

Karl

P.S. There's also a practical reason: all the acrotex stuff is next to
impossible to have a scripted install.  Even if it all worked with (say)
xpdf, I would not be interested in working on it.  There is nothing that
says TL has to include every free TeX-related package written by anyone
anywhere.