[tex-live] SyncTeX should always write absolute paths

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sat Oct 3 01:00:32 CEST 2009

Hello,

probably this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm unsure who exactly is
responsible for SyncTeX in TeX Live. However, I think that SyncTeX
should always output absolute paths. The current behavior is to write
relative paths for the input files, which breaks inverse search e.g.
in Skim when a different output directory is set via -output-
directory. I could easily fix this by having my build script replace
all input paths with absolute paths. It would be great if SyncTeX
wrote absolute paths right from the beginning.

Regards,
Philipp