[tex-live] testing infrastructure updates

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Nov 27 00:55:41 CET 2009

As with last year, we have a small repository named tlcritical for
testing updates to tlmgr itself.  It's updated nightly from the current
sources.

We'd like to move the accumulated fixes from tlcritical to the main
tlnet soon, perhaps with tomorrow's (Nov 27) build.  So if anyone is
willing to be a guinea pig and try out the code, we'd appreciate it.
See the commands at http://tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html#testversions for
how to get it.

The most significant change is that merely listing paper sizes with
tlmgr paper no longer requires admin privileges.  You may also notice
the cosmetic change in the timing and statistics report as it downloads.

Thanks,
Karl