[tex-live] TL vs CTAN

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Nov 21 20:08:36 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 11:52:51AM +0100, Philipp Stephani wrote:

> Am 21.11.2009 um 03:10 schrieb Victor Ivrii:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> >>    hyperref,
> >>
> >> Previously done.
> >
> > Yes. I have not noticed that texdoc hyperref open now manual.pdf
> > rather than hyperref.pdf and compared  dates!
> >
> > However it is a good question what file should be open by texdoc:
> > manual.pdf is IMHO the most useful for end user but hyperref.pdf
> > contains links to many other pdf files of hyperref bundle (including
> > manual.pdf) and manual.pdf doesn't
>
> Maybe we could ask Heiko to include the same links in manual.pdf

There are now links in the bookmarks in the same way as in README.pdf
and ChangeLog.pdf (TUG server, tomorrow CTAN).

> (or even rename manual.pdf to hyperref.pdf...)

Changing the way, the docu files are organized each year
doesn't help much, it's just extra work and probably adds
additional confusion.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>