[tex-live] XeTeX/xdvipdfmx EPS support in xetex.def

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Nov 21 18:16:25 CET 2009

Jjgod Jiang a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> In xetex svn, v0.93 of xetex.def [1] introduced the EPS support, as this
> changelog said:
>
> 2007/10/25  [JK] Version v0.93  added EPS support from dvipdfmx.def
>             (for use with xdvipdfmx, default driver in xetex 0.997)
>
> this change is present in TeX Live 2008. But in TeX Live 2009, v0.93 of
> this file (texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/xetex-def/xetex.def from package xetex-def)
> is replaced by:
>
> 2009/10/28  [RRM] Version v0.93  fix big-point incompatibility;
>
> So the EPS support added by Jonathan, which appeared in TeX Live 2008
> is removed in TeX Live 2009. Why?

I discovered this problem yesterday, and Jonathan discovered it
indepandantly a few days ago. Funny, isn't it?

Anyway, there was too updates after 0.92 resulting in two different
versions 0.93, apparently due to a confusion about xetex.def's "home".
Jonathan is going to merge the two versions, and we'll include the
merged version in TL asap. (May take one week for the merge to happen.)

Manuel.