[tex-live] texlive 2009 xindy make-rules compile problem

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Sat Nov 14 13:03:54 CET 2009

"MI" == Martin Ivanov writes:

 MI> Will your fix be available in the updates of the distribution,

i think, that TeX Live 2009 distribution has been released, and source
code tarballs are not refreshed, unlike the TeX package updates iva
tlnet. I don't know if it is planned to provide the updated source tarball.

 MI> or you recommend compiling and installing the make-rules package
 MI> separately? Where is the fixed version available for download?

two files in question are available here:

http://www.tug.org/texlive/devsrc/Build/source/utils/xindy/make-rules/alphabets/Makefile.in
http://www.tug.org/texlive/devsrc/Build/source/utils/xindy/make-rules/alphabets/Makefile.am

and you can get the full source code from the repository as explained in
http://www.tug.org/texlive/svn/

 >> i wonder why is /usr/bin/ginstall different from the "regular"
 >> /usr/bin/install?  what package is it part of?

 MI> On my system, i.e. Slackware-13.0 /bin/ginstall is a symlink to
 MI> /bin/install, which is part of the coreutils-7.4-i486-1 package.

 MI> Is it necessary to compile the xindy-make-rules package in the
 MI> texlive-source, since it is present in the texlive-texmf package?

it is not necessary to build the xindy-make-rules package as part of TeX
Live build, because the files it generates are included in the TeX
Live's texmf tree, and they are platform-independent.

Best,
v.