[tex-live] tlmgr blacklist packages

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 19:07:58 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Joel C. Salomon
<joelcsalomon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/13/2009 11:34 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
>>
>> On Fr, 13 Nov 2009, Leo wrote:
>>>
>>> Some packages are obsolete by newer (better) packages. I want to find a
>>> way to exclude them. For example, subfigure and subfig, glossary and
>>> glossaries etc.
>>
>>        tlmgr remove --force
>> as mentioned. tlmgr willnot automatically reinstall them.
>
> Is there a list of such black-listed packages? and can I un-black-list a
> package?

It is you who knows what you removed :-) Actually every time when such
removed package is updated on repository you are advised that package
foo is not updated as it was --force removed. There is command

tlmgr reinstall foo

and there is a very special command (for experts only)<g>

texdoc tlmgr

HTH Victor