[tex-live] tex-live installation question

MR. PEREZ mrperez at mrperezonlinemathtutor.com
Wed Nov 11 03:36:08 CET 2009

Hello, I am trying to install Tex Live in my server which is hosted by
Bluehost.com in a dedicated IP address. I have tried several attempts, and
in each one I get a message that the connection was terminated, or I don't
have permission to create the installation directories.
I wrote to them and they told me that the problem is that the connection
is being made using port 10, and that I should use any port over 1024.
They are asking me as well if I need it opened for inbound or outbound
connections and whether it will use tcp or udp.
I am attaching both email bodies where they require me this. Can you help
me providing me this information? Will a DVD simplify this for me.
I am in my baby steps in working with the command line.

I tried:
install-tl --location http://mirror.example.org/its/ctan/path/texlive/tlnet

result was connection terminated.

# install-tl -gui

result: the required directories couldn't be created.

# install-tl -gui wizard

result: the required directories couldn't be created.

I tried to launch the installations from both: /public_html and
/home4/mrperezo

Thanks.
Simon Perez

Dear customer,
thank you for contacting us.

It looks like you are trying to run this script over port 10. You will
unfortuantely
will not be able to do this. You will only be able to run your own scripts
across
any port over 1024 and you will need to let us know what port you would
like opened
for your script so we can open it for you.