[tex-live] TeX Live & FreeBDS

Yue Wang yuleopen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:34:05 CET 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec a écrit :
>> Is the reason for exclusion lack of space on DVD or lack of people
>> willing to compile the binaries for that specific platform?
>>
> IIRC, one of the majors reasons was that it is quite hard to get
> binaries that have a chance to work with various versions of FreeBSD,

FreeBSD have very good ABI compatibility support. The default kernel
configuration support older versions (4.x-7.x) of FreeBSD.

> due to library version problems. Also, TL may be in their ports system,

For libraries, one should install compat6x ports to get all the 6.x libraries.
All should work seamlessly.

> so it didn't look critical to include binaries at our level.

No, FreeBSD ports will not include TeXLive, at least for the coming years.

> Manuel.

Yue Wang