[tex-live] tlmgr problem on a mac

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Nov 1 20:20:15 CET 2009

On Nov 1, 2009, at 10:46 AM, George N. White III wrote:

> You could try using the above update-tlmgr-latest.sh

For the record, the OP has tried this, using TeX Live Utility:

http://www.tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2009-November/041623.html

Other background info in a previous thread:

http://www.tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2009-October/041613.html

The only time I've seen this sort of error is when pointing tlmgr at the wrong mirror, or the mirror returns an error page of some kind.  I'm hoping there's some way to show whatever was actually downloaded, since it's apparently html instead of an xz archive.