[tex-live] ./install-tl bugs from TexLive 2008 on OpenSolaris

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed May 27 08:26:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

Jordan L. Kovitz a écrit :
> I then entered ./install-tl and received the error message:
> bash: ./install-tl: Permission denied

As you probably know, the iso9660 file system doesn't allow to store
permissions, so this is normal. For users using a physical copy of the DVD or
directly mounting the iso, it is recommended to mount with the exec option. If
you extract the files using an archive manager, setting permissions as you did
is a correct way to manage this.

> Can't open
> '/export/home/jkovitz/installation/TexLive/texlive2008_DVD/texmf-dist/doc/latex/coordsys/putfile.': No such file or directory
> jkovitz at OpenSolaris:~/installation/TexLive/texlive2008_DVD#

I have no idea about this one. Any problem of disk space maybe?

> -rw------- 1 jkovitz staff 340552 2006-11-09 09:18 coordsys.pdf

By the way, if on your system members of the staff group have right permissions
on the destination directory, then you don't need root permissions to install TL
(except if you want to install symlinks in standard directories).

Manuel.