[tex-live] hyperref babel english words with greek characters

constantine costas.magnuse at gmail.com
Sat May 23 12:59:19 CEST 2009

Thank you so much Heiko for your reply.

I have just learnt that using

\section{\latintext english words \greektext greek words}

makes the same entry appear in the right way in the Table of Contents.

So, for future reference, in case someone uses hyperref with babel for
the greek -at least- language, \section{\textlatin{english words}
\textgreek{greek words}}  DOES NOT work, but
\section{\latintext english words \greektext greek words} *does* work.

Demonstration of the problem appears here:
http://costis.name/0various/crash-reports/latex/latex-babel-hyperref-false.png
and appears solved here:
http://costis.name/0various/crash-reports/latex/latex-babel-hyperref-right.png

By the way, before choosing the list I searched for hyperref bug
trackers, but I did not find anything...

Thank you once again, My regards,

Constantine Tsardounis
http://www.costis.name