[tex-live] tlmgr option autobackup -1

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun May 3 17:33:40 CEST 2009

Norbert Preining a écrit :
>> "tlmgr backupdir /does/not/exist" does not warn that the backup directory
>> does not exist yet (and/or ask to create it) which would be helpful.
>> right now the next update will just fail because of the missing directory...
>
> Well, at option setting time that could be an external drive or so, I
> don't want to warn at that point.

I slightly disagree: a warning (but not an error, nor an attempt to create
anything) is fine with me since if backupdir is an external drive and is not
mounted, you know the warning isn't important.

OTOH, if you just did a spelling mistake, you're probably glad to be able to fix
it immediately rather than have a error later.

Manuel.