[tex-live] Help: latex can't running under apache

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:42:56 CET 2009

2009/3/23 liujunxing <liujunxing at skyground.com.cn>:
> Hi, everyone!
>
> I send this help to tex-live at tug.org because I can't find a forum or other
> communication method for post my question. If my mail is not suitable for
> tex-live at tug.org mailing-list, I apologize for send the mail unadvisedly.

Such bugs usually mean that latex.fmt was created with different
values of memory variables. Probably when running as root it might
have found different texmf.cnf than when running as apache. It might
be difficult to trace the source. First I would add a "textlive"
group, made the TL installation owned by that group an made at least
the texmf-var tree writable by that group. Afterwards I would make
"apache" a member of this group. Then I would delete latex.fmt and
latex.log, make some fake web page that processes any document by
latex and ran it. Since latex.fmt will not be found, it will be
created by the "apache" user. Hope this helps.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/