[tex-live] Unreadable file /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/gmverse/gmverse.sty

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 20 23:27:16 CET 2009

    The last update is a few weeks old, could be a month or more. The
    file mentioned is unreadable for mortal users:

            -rwx------   1 root  wheel  30345  4 Sep  2008 /usr/local/texlive/
    2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/gmverse/gmverse.sty

Pete, thanks for the report.

Robin, I'm sorry to tell you that the problem lies in gmverse.tds.zip,
which has those undesirable permissions.  I don't think I can clear x
bits when importing from ctan.

As for the unreadability, that surprises me.  Svn does not store file
permissions aside from executability, and the file is globally readable
in the master tree from which the .lzma's are built.  I'll look into it.

karl