[tex-live] splitindex, koma-script and so on

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Mar 19 15:38:08 CET 2009

Daniel Becker a écrit :
> 3) CTAN / TDS
>
> I have difficulties to understand the TDS-structure from the
> documentation I found. The splitindex package as Markus distributes it
> currently contains at the top-level three folders:
>
> bin/
> man/man1/
> texmf/doc/latex/splitindex/
> texmf/source/latex/splitindex/
> texmf/tex/latex/splitindex/

I don't know what's the desired layout for CTAN, but in TL bin is outside of the
TEXMF trees, while man is in the texmf (= TEXMFMAIN) tree and the rest in the
texmf-dist (= TEXMFDIST) tree. So we'll have to re-arrange things a bit, but it
is not a problem.

> /scripts/splitindex/bin
> /scripts/splitindex/man

I think those are not good places. Binaries should be in the PATH and man pages
in MANPATH in order to be useful, so the path should not contain the package name.

My opinion is that the .tds.zip won't be directly usable (ie, just unzip at the
root of your TEXMFHOME) by users, and that in TeX Live we don't really care,
since our scripts can move things as we like.

Manuel.