[tex-live] Fwd: xindy bugs + fixes (xindy.sty, perl scripts)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Mar 18 14:28:45 CET 2009

Hi Zdenek,

On Mi, 18 Mär 2009, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> I tried to contact Andreas Schlechte and Roger Kehr but probably the
> e-mail addresses given in the files are old and no longer working. I
> sent the mail to the xindy-discuss list but with no response. Maybe
> someone of you knows whom to contact.

Hmm, I forwarded your email to Jörg Sommer who is the maintainer of the
Debian xindy package, maybe he knows more.

> xindy is included in TeX Live 2008 but xindy.sty is not although it
> looks very useful. However, I managed to find xindy.sty only in the
> CVS repository.
> If it helps and if the authors agree, I can package it for inclusion in TL.

I would suggest that you send a diff against current TL (if possible, ie
if you have a checkout of our svn repo), otherwise simply of all the
files you have changed, and I will merge them into our distribution.
I guess we can simply add
	texmf/tex/latex/xindy/xindy.sty
(I am a bit surprised that xindy has all its file in texmf and not
texmf-dist).

Best wishes

Norbert

ERIBOLL (n.)
A brown bubble of cheese containing gaseous matter which grows on
welsh rarebit. It was Sir Alexander Flemming's study of eribolls which
led, indirectly, to his discovery of the fact that he didn't like
welsh rarebit very much.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff