[tex-live] splitindex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Mar 18 01:42:02 CET 2009

Hi Daniel,

    The license information at

    http://www.ctan.org/pkg/splitindex

    is inaccurate. Markus Kohm, the author, states in his blog that all of
    splitindex is under the LPLL license and this is also stated in the
    various files.

Please ask Markus to consider making the following requirement into a request.
Otherwise, this additional requirement means it is *not* under the LPPL.

% You are not allowed to redistribute this file without all the
% other files of the `splitIndex bundle'. The list of all files
% belonging to the `splitIndex bundle' is given in the file
% `manifest.txt'.

    Can splitindex be included in TeXLive, then?

The problem with being in TL is not related to the above.
It is because there is a compilation required and no common build
infrastructure is present.  The premade binaries do not suffice for me,
sorry, although I am sure they are useful for the vast majority of
users.

It seemed pointless to include the package without the binaries.  So I
removed it.

Thanks,
karl