[tex-live] TeX Live on usb drive

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:03:42 CET 2009

2009/3/16 T T <t34www at googlemail.com>:
> 2009/3/15 cetex at didaskalikos.org <cetex at didaskalikos.org>:
>> I was wondering if it
>> is possible to translate the contens of the DVD on a usb driver to
>> facilitate the installation on the hard disk. I tried to copy them, but this
>> doesn't work.
>
> What exactly didn't work? If you just copy the content of the DVD to a
> usb stick (or hard drive) you should be able to install from that
> copy.

If you have LAN in the course room, users can more easily install TL
over network. It is possible to install from another installed TL,
from SVN working copy, etc. Personally I would do it that way and use
installation from USB or other media only in case the user is unable
to use LAN.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/