[tex-live] TeX Live on usb drive

Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Mar 16 11:08:20 CET 2009

cetex at didaskalikos.org a écrit :
> a system that run on the usb-drive. I ask you: is it possible for the
> TUG team to prepare an installation system for usb-drive?

Actually, it's already there. The easiest (IMO) way to get an install system
on USB drive is to recursively download tlnet/2008 to your USB drive (using
you favorite dl tool: wget, curl, ftp, rsync (on mirrors which propose it)).
Then simply run install-tl(.bat) from there. If needed, make sure you mount
the drive with executable permission (this holds for the DVD too, btw).

Manuel.