[tex-live] Developer tools

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Mar 10 14:17:54 CET 2009

On  10 Mar, 2009, at 06:15, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Di, 10 Mär 2009, enrico.gregorio at univr.it wrote:
>> Yesterday I saw the announcement of a new version of dvisvgm, which
>> appears to be a nice program.
>> However I couldn't start the compilation, since TeX Live misses the
>> header files for kpathsea.
>
> Not only the header files, also the library itself.
>
> Does dvisvgm not include its own copy of kpathsea?
>
>> Wouldn't it be possible to make them available? Of course they will
>> be in some non standard place
>> (something like /usr/local/texlive/2008/include, maybe), but it's
>> easy to make gcc aware of it.
>
> And, in addition the static library would be needed.
>
> AFAIR we had that some time ago but it was removed, don't remember.
>
> You can get the sources from the DVD or the web, build your own
> libkpathsea.a and use the headers for dvisvgm.

If you feel comfortable building all that yourself, certainly it's the
best route; otherwise, I seem to remember that the *unsupported* gwTeX
(for Mac OS X)

http://www.rna.nl/tex.html

has all headers, libraries and static libraries. If you think this
might be a solution for you, please ask in the TeX on Mac OS mailing
list if that's so: