[tex-live] (no subject)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Mar 1 22:14:01 CET 2009

On 28 February 2009 Zdenek Wagner wrote:

 > 2009/2/28 Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp>:
 > >> Now comes the problem of mathing within tolerance. If I use -T
 > >> 21cm,30cm, it will most probably match A4 (I think the default
 > >> tolerance is 5mm)
 > >
 > Maybe it was 5mm in emTeX.

The default tolerance of dvips was 1/4 inch or something similar.  But
Karl (or Tom Rokicki) changed it to 5bp after I found something in the
Adobe specs.  See:

  http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/tex-k/2006-April/001548.html

If the deviation from a known paper size is less than 5bp, you have a
good chance that your printer selects the correct tray.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25