[tex-live] Is it too late for submitting packages?

Yue Wang yuleopen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 13:03:56 CEST 2009

Hi, Karl

It is said that TL 09 test distribution will be released soon. I am
wondering whether it is too late to submit macro packages and
documents...

Well, we compiled many useful free Chinese typesetting macros/docs and
already put all the stuffs on
http://code.google.com/p/ctex-kit and
http://code.google.com/p/ctex-doc. We will split that to 15 or so
packages, and submit to CTAN.  Right now we are busy creating
tarballs/README/LICENSE/etc. If these packages can be added to TL09,
it will be a lot of easier for the users to typeset Simplified Chinese
for all kinds of TeX engines/formats.

BTW, I reported a serious bug to Jonathan Kew, and he fixed that in TL
repo yesterday. I think we should compile the TL binaries again.

Yue Wang