[tex-live] TL09 testing sites

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 23 14:51:01 CEST 2009

TL is getting closer to being worth public testing.  I hope to announce
that next week.

But I don't really want tug.org to be the sole source for
people to get it -- at 1.2GB a shot, every tester adds up in terms of
bandwidth for our server and generous host (CS department at Aarhus).

TL 2008 remains on CTAN, and it doesn't make sense to use CTAN to
promulgate rapidly-changing test releases anyway.

So what I'm asking for a few volunteers who have well-connected sites
and can offer the test release along with tug.  We can arrange to mirror
the nightly builds with rsync.

If you can help, please email me off-list and we'll figure out the
details.

Thanks,
Karl