[tex-live] %& first line parsing different jobname

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 9 23:35:19 CEST 2009

    Going back to the original question: I understand that this limited
    parsing of the %&-line is a feature, not a bug, am I right?

Whether it's a feature or a bug is debatable, but the way it was
implemented and always intended was to only be able to specify the
format, not an entire command line.  Changing it would be a very big
deal.  (Just handling the format name is problematic enough.)

Phillip, you'll need to use one of the workarounds previously mentioned
to get your job done.