[tex-live] %& first line parsing different jobname

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 23:29:36 CEST 2009

2009/6/9 phillip weidlich <phillip.weidlich at rwth-aachen.de>:
> Sure I can imagine that. But there's been hope because it works in other
>  environments.
>
> Is there any other way, using TeXLive, to achieve my goal?
> (changing the filename of the output file with 'just' placing a command
> somewhere in the source file?)

You could use a wrapper script that grabs the options from the %&-line
and passes them to (pdf)latex. Not as convenient but the end result
should be the same.

Going back to the original question: I understand that this limited
parsing of the %&-line is a feature, not a bug, am I right?

Cheers,

Tomek