[tex-live] Portable TeX Live with TeXworks

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 5 09:17:08 CEST 2009

On 05/06/2009, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
> Tomek, you said:
>
>  > You simply have to make sure that paths with spaces are
>  > quoted. Then it will work.
>
> Did you test it and does your statement mean that there is nothing to
> do?  I'll try to test it tomorrow, otherwise next week.

There seem to be some issue with spaces, indeed. On the command line I
tried this for tmp.ps and "t m p.ps" (the same file, just renamed):

F:\Temp\TeX>dir /b tmp.p*
tmp.ps

F:\Temp\TeX>ps2pdf tmp.ps && dir /b tmp.p*
tmp.pdf
tmp.ps

F:\Temp\TeX>dir /b "t m p.p*"
t m p.ps

F:\Temp\TeX>ps2pdf "t m p.ps" & dir /b "t m p.p*"
Error: /undefinedfilename in (m)
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
   %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
--nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   -
-nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push
Dictionary stack:
   --dict:1149/1684(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:70/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: No such file or directory
GPL Ghostscript 8.62: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
t m p.ps

I have bin-tlgs.win32 rev.9703, I think that's the current one, but my
installation is after a lot of experiments, so I'm sure if it is in
good working condition now.

Germain, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will
investigate. In the mean time you will have to use names without
spaces (which is a good idea in any case).

Cheers,

Tomek