[tex-live] Portable TeX Live with TeXworks

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Jun 5 01:48:06 CEST 2009

On 4 June 2009 Zdenek Wagner wrote:

 > ps2pdf is a BAT script, it needs quoted parameters, i.e. "%1", not %1.
 > I am not sure whether it is done. If not, you should complain to the
 > ghostscript developers.

There is a hidden Ghostscript in TeX Live.  Thus, the batch files
provided by Ghostscript can't be used directly because they are not
aware of the hidden Ghostscript.

So please don't bother the Ghostscript developers.

Tomek, you said:

 > You simply have to make sure that paths with spaces are
 > quoted. Then it will work.

Did you test it and does your statement mean that there is nothing to
do?  I'll try to test it tomorrow, otherwise next week.

Germain, you said:

 > If the file name is for example trypdflatex.tex then ps2pdf works correctly.
 > If the file name is for example try pdf latex.tex then ps2pdf don't work.
 > If the file name contain spaces then ps2pdf don't work.
 > Then I use gsview to convert ps files to pdf files.

Could you ___precisely___ tell me how you invoked the programs and
which error messages you got?

  ps2pdf try pdf latex.tex

can never work.  If you tried

  ps2pdf "try pdf latex.tex"

and if it doesn't work, then there is obviously a bug which have to be
fixed.  But you can't tell me that

  gsview try pdf latex.tex

works.  It can't work.  What did you exactly?  Did you get an error
message?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25