[tex-live] two questions

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 30 23:42:38 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:41:24PM +0200, Jobst Hoffmann wrote:

> 2. I've deleted old mails, so I'm not sure if I'm carrying coals to
> Newcastle: if a package xxx has only a README file as documentation and
> there is a package xxxyyy with a .pdf-file as documentation, texdoc xxx
> shows the xxxyyy.pdf (try texdoc cmap). What can I do to see the README?

$ texdoc -s cmap
 1 /t/texlive/tldevsrc/Master/texmf/doc/man/man1/cmap2enc.pdf
 2 /t/texlive/tldevsrc/Master/texmf/doc/man/man1/cmap2enc.pdf
 3 /t/texlive/tldevsrc/Master/texmf-dist/doc/latex/cmap/README
Please enter the number of the file to view, anything else to skip: 3

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>