[tex-live] tlmgr --self

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jul 30 15:57:20 CEST 2009

On Do, 30 Jul 2009, T T wrote:
> No, there isn't such '--no-auto-install' option yet. It can always be

Yes, but it somehow makes sense.

> (left due to --no-remove) we could add, say --sync switch, for
> synchronization with the remote repository, e.g.:
>
>   tlmgr update --sync collection-foo package-bar

That can be done with
	tlmgr install --reinstall collection-foo package-bar

>   tlmgr update --sync --all

That one is missing.

> installation, respectively. However, I worry a bit that the update
> subroutine will soon turn into full blown "package calculator" that

It is already a full blown package calculator ;-)

Best wishes

Norbert

ARAGLIN (n. archaic)
A medieval practical joke played by young squires on a knight aspirant
the afternoon he is due to start his vigil. As the knight arrives at
the castle the squires attempt to raise the drawbridge very suddenly
as the knight and his charger step on to it.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff