[tex-live] pretest: texdoc problem

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Tue Jul 28 17:03:33 CEST 2009

> > However, it still doesn't explain why it worked with TL-2008.
>
> This I can't tell. But I can reassure you that it was really the case.
> It failed in 09 but worked fine in 08. I compared directly by switching
> between 08 and 09.

This I also can't tell. 08 used exactly the same code for the problem.

> Maybe Akira can shed some light on this. I can only confirm that his fix
> solved the problem for me. Now texdoc works fine again though I have
> MSYS /bin on my PATH.

I avoided to execute directly a file without a suffix by CreateProcess().
The old code tried to execute directly the file "start" in the path.
The present code requires suffixes .bat, .cmd, .com or .exe for
the executable file. In other cases, such as "start", that is assumed to be
an internal command of cmd.exe, not to be a file.

Thanks,
Akira