[tex-live] Very curious problem?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 23 00:56:40 CEST 2009

    /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/geometry/geometry.sty:856:
    Illegal unit of measure (pt inserted).
    Package pdftex.def Warning: Option `bb' does not make sense,
    (pdftex.def)                using `viewport' instead on input line 23.

Need to see the whole document, and the tex command line that latexit is
running.

Since it works with texshop and not with latexit, I kind of surmise that
the latexit run is finding different files, for whatever reason.

    2) And why, when I type `kpsewhich geometry.cfg', do I get:
    /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/xetexconfig/geometry.cfg?

Because xelatex needs to act "as if" it were pdftex.  That geometry.cfg
file is a no-op when not running xelatex.