[tex-live] Network installation of pretest TL fails

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Jul 9 15:03:08 CEST 2009

Zdenek Wagner a écrit :
> I tried to use network installation of the pretest TL but it died
> immediatelly with " Could not load TeX Live Database ...". Looking at
> the message and then to the servers I found that install-tl selects
> the mirror in the Czech Republic but the mirrors contain TL 2008 only,
> not TL 2009. Could the installer verify whether the TL database exists
> on the server and if not, select another mirror?

For the pre-test, you have to use the -location option, as explained in [1] with
a location from [2].

[1] http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html
[2] http://tug.org/texlive/mirmon/

> BTW: I do not have space for CTAN mirroring but I could mirror TL. My
> computer is on a GB network.

I guess more mirrors of TL09 during the test period are always welcome, and you
should arrange the technical details with Karl.

Manuel.