[tex-live] cmtt8 at 525 not found

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 13:58:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have a build and texmf of texlive from svn installed on my system:
texmf-20090703.tbz2
tlsrc-20090704.tgz

The install has been through the OpenBSD ports system and I susupect a
packaging error on my part.

Sample2e builds fine with pdflatex. My next test is my dissertation
which uses all kinds of packages and environments, so is a good test.
The document was made with tl-2008 and builds fine there.

When building this on the new build, I get:

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file cmtt8): Font cmtt8 at 525 not found
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Is this the case of a missing file in the texmf or something else? I am
unsure. I listed references to cmtt8 in the original texmf-dist checkout
and what I have installed on my system and diffed the lists:

+./fonts/afm/public/amsfonts/cm/cmtt8.afm
+./fonts/source/public/cm/cmtt8.mf
+./fonts/source/public/latex-fonts/icmtt8.mf
 ./fonts/tfm/public/cm/cmtt8.tfm
-./fonts/tfm/public/cmcyr/wcmtt8.tfm
-./fonts/tfm/public/cmcyr/ycmtt8.tfm
 ./fonts/tfm/public/cmcyr/kcmtt8.tfm
+./fonts/tfm/public/cmcyr/wcmtt8.tfm
 ./fonts/tfm/public/cmcyr/xcmtt8.tfm
+./fonts/tfm/public/cmcyr/ycmtt8.tfm
 ./fonts/tfm/public/latex-fonts/icmtt8.tfm
-./fonts/source/public/cm/cmtt8.mf
-./fonts/source/public/latex-fonts/icmtt8.mf
 ./fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmtt8.pfb
 ./fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmtt8.pfm
-./fonts/afm/public/amsfonts/cm/cmtt8.afm
 ./fonts/vf/public/cmcyr/kcmtt8.vf
 ./fonts/vf/public/cmcyr/wcmtt8.vf
 ./fonts/vf/public/cmcyr/xcmtt8.vf

I would expect differences, as I strip srcfiles and it is likely that
the + files are generated by updmap(?). Maybe one of the - files is
required?

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks

PS. I have some patches to the build system, which i needed to apply to
get poppler integrated into the build properly. I will be posting these
on tlbuild at some stage.

--

Best Regards

Edd Barrett
(Freelance software developer / technical writer / open-source developer)

http://students.dec.bmth.ac.uk/ebarrett