[tex-live] pretest: epstopdf overwrites existing files

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi at alice.it
Mon Jul 6 00:10:16 CEST 2009

George N. White III ha scritto:

> Would either of you feel the same if the "append" option was turned on
> so existing .pdf files are not overwritten?

I DO NOT want that my .eps and .pdf files, which I consider "my
documents" like .tex files, are overwritten by something without my
active decision. I could have created them in original manner. Why
should them be overwritten silently, destroying my creation?

Besides this. I have a document with > 250 .eps+.pdf files. Suppose that
.pdf have been created a fraction of second before the .eps files. Why
should one waste time to re-create what is already there?

Only because with current processors this is almost 'invisible'? Hmm...

It is not good 'programming' practice... in any case!

Cheers,
Angelo.