[tex-live] getnonfreefonts --help

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 15:44:51 CET 2009

2009/1/28 Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>:
> On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>> > [nbecker at nbecker5 ~]$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/kpsewhich
>> > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 50 2009-01-27 14:47 /usr/local/bin/kpsewhich ->
>> > /usr/share/texlive-2008/bin/x86_64-linux/kpsewhich
>> >
>> > Yup, that's the correct kpsewhich.  Why doesn't it work?
>>
>> You have to remove the link /usr/local/bin/kpsewhich.
>> The place of kpsewhich:
>> /usr/share/texlive-2008/bin/x86_64-linux/
>> is important.
>>
>> Best,
>> Akira
> So are you saying that the symlink option that tlinstall offered and I used
> doesn't actually work?  I have to put the binaries into my path?

I have seen a lot of weird errors caused by clashes between TL and
residues of teTeX. These clashes are distro dependent and some
incomplete version of teTeX is installed due to dependencies even if
you select not to install it. The safest way is to put the bin path of
TL to the beginning of your PATH as suggested at the end of
installation.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/