[tex-live] updmap-local.cfg

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jan 13 10:30:06 CET 2009

On Mo, 12 Jan 2009, Karl Berry wrote:
>     and the 'active' one (according to kpsewhich and texmf.cnf) is
>     /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg
>
> The question seems to be, where did the one in texmf-config come from?
> Any idea?

Yes, that is the real question. If oyu have put that there then no
surprise it will be taken. That is the idea of texmf-config that it
overrides stuff in -var. THe stuff in -var is (auto) generated and can
be regenerated at any time.

OTOH, in the case of updmap.cfg that is a bit a strange situation, we
might change the location to -config in TL2009.

Best wishes

Norbert

which will engulf the
Galaxy in fire and destruction, and possibly bring the
Universe to a premature doom. I mean it,' he added.
with luck I'll be
drunk enough not to notice.'
                 --- Ford ensuring everyone knew where his priorities lay.