[tex-live] updmap and /

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Feb 24 23:54:30 CET 2009

On Di, 24 Feb 2009, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> > { cd "$tmpdir" && cd .. && rm -rf "$tmpdir" }
> >
> > be better? unless of course we do not have read access to the directory
> > above $tmpdir
> >
> And why is it necessary to "cd" anywhere? I would do it like that:
> rm -rf "$tmpdir" if -d "$tmpdir";

All good questions, but until we rewrite updmap in perl we will not have
a decent solution.

And until nobody can confirm with decent argumentation that the approach
Thomas Esser took here was overdoing it and there are no circumstances
where this isn't necessary, we probably will not hack around in those
shell scripts.

Best wishes

Norbert

BROMSGROVE
Any urban environment containing a small amount of dogturd and about
forty-five tons of bent steel pylon or a lump of concrete with holes
claiming to be sculpture. 'Oh, come my dear, and come with me. And
wander 'neath the bromsgrove tree' - Betjeman.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff