[tex-live] mounting .iso on Windows

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 01:24:44 CET 2009

2009/2/18 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:
> I didn't write any details about mounting .iso files on Windows because
> I don't know any.  If someone can give me concise instructions for
> acquire.html, I'll be glad to add them.

On Windows?!? Can't be done without third party tools. You need to
install a virtual CD/DVD drive. Probably the most popular freeware for
that is Daemon-tools. I sometimes use MS Virtual-CD (it's less 40 KB
freeware) but I think it fails with texlive.iso.

So in short: get a virtual CD/DVD software like Daemon-tools, install
it and then insert .iso into a virtual drive and eject it after you
are done.

Cheers,

Tomek