[tex-live] Broken Net-Installer for Win32

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Feb 4 00:01:08 CET 2009

On 3 February 2009 Lucinha wrote:

 > I also had trouble with the TeXLive 2008 installer for
 > Windows. [...]

Hi Lucia,
I can't say anything about the problem you reported, but there is
another thing worth mentioning:

You already noticed that the installer detects the language supported
by the operating system you are using.  tlmgr does the same.   The
reason is that these programs support menu entries in different
languages.

Unfortunately, Portuguese is not supported yet.  Providing support for
Portuguese is not difficult.  If you are interested, just download

   http://tug.org/~kotucha/gui-menus.zip

There are a few things to consider, but instead of explaining them
here, I just added a file 'HOWTO.txt' to the .zip file.

The following languages are supported already:

 * Chinese (simplified)
 * Chinese (traditional)
 * Czech/Slovak
 * English
 * French
 * German
 * Italian
 * Polish
 * Vietnamese

BTW, there are Dutch and Slovenian translations for the installer, but
not for tlmgr, unless I missed something.

Providing support for a particular language is quite easy.  I alreaedy
tried to explain the most important things in "HOWTO.txt" which is in

   http://tug.org/~kotucha/gui-menus.zip

However, don't hesitate to ask me if something is still unclear.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25