[tex-live] Broken Net-Installer for Win32

Lucinha lucinha.lmota at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:43:19 CET 2009

Hello. This is the first time I write to a mailing list, so please forgive
me if I'm not following any appropriate rule.

I also had trouble with the TeXLive 2008 installer for Windows. I downloaded
it from a portuguese mirror and wasn't able to install the program. After
downloading from other mirrors, and by reading several messages related to
this issue, I noticed an advice to download the installer from tug.org. I
did so, and got a functional installer. However, the command prompt issued a
warning saying it couldn't translate to pt (portuguese). I had to use the
following command: install-tl -lang en. After that, TeXLive 2008 was
installed and is working very well. Because the documentation regarding the
installer mentioned that it would switch to english if the right language
wasn't available, and that didn't happen, I decided to let you know about
this. Perhaps this isn't a problem after all; notice that I have no
knowledge regarding scripts, and perl language, and binaries, etc. And maybe
the portuguese mirrors do have the functional installer. After choosing the
-lang en option, I did get the installation from a portuguese mirror.
Anyway, I thought it would be better to let you know about this. Sorry if I
wasn't clear enough.

Thank you for your time,
Lucia